Interview With a Fellow Blogger | Lady Fascination
1. Can you tell my readers about yourself and your blog?
My blog is mainly lifestyle and fashion. I adore the way I am able to share so much of my life with the world around me, and I can't help but love this blogging community. Fashion is also a regular addition to my blog, and dare I say it is by far my biggest kryptonite, (you can ask Caris about my obsession with shopping).
2. How do you manage time to run your blog effectively?I can't say it is easy, however when you have a passion for something you will always make time. After doing something I would consider 'blog-worthy' I immediately go home to my computer and get to work. I tend to schedule my blogs weeks in advance, that way I know that something will go up and I wont be rushing around to get blog-worthy content. And seeing as I will be starting sixth form again in 2 weeks, planning ahead my prove very handy with the lack of down time I will experience.
3. Who has impacted you the most in blogging and how?
4. What do you think is the best service a blogger can provide to their readers?Blogging is a creative outlet that can appeal to anyone, a place to distract themselves from the outside world and transport themselves into a world of creativity and wonderment. Personally, I want to provide my readers with a healthy environment to which they feel like you are talking to a friend. Somewhere to go when you aren't too happy with how your life is looking, to which I have some hilarious anecdotes from my life that are sure to make you chuckle, or even a place to get inspiration and fashion advice. I look at blogging as a dinner party, the hostess being myself, and the people I cook for being you.
5. What inspired you to start your blog?Last February Caris and I started a YouTube channel, which after a few months fell to dust as Caris and I couldn't keep up with the extensive demand of videos we needed to film and because of school it was nearly impossible to meet up every week. After doing YouTube for a good few weeks, I got the brilliant idea that we should both set up blogs, so that is what we did. The only difference being that Caris kept hers and I fell into a creative block.
6. In the future where do you hope your blog will take you?Unlike many people I am not looking to achieve anything from my blog, I like to write for myself as a little momentum to look back on when I am older. From as long as I can remember I have always kept a diary, expressing my inner most thoughts and feelings, to this day I still have all 8 years worth of heart felt messages and love poems. A blog just felt like the perfect place to continue my story in a more sophisticated manor.
However, if I think my blog could take me anywhere I would hope that it could help me travel the world, and for fill every crazy entry on my bucket list.
7. On average how much time do you spend writing a post?
8. Tell me about your proudest achievement?My proudest moment. It took me a while to think about what moment I was going to talk about, but after a few hours of reminiscing I narrowed it down to my 'proudest' moment. As I have mentioned previously I do A-level Drama, and for our final performance we had to perform a play and a monologue. We did The Importance Of Being Earnest by none other than Oscar Wilde, and for my monologue I performed a scene from The Seagull. After a heart racing, blood pumping performance, I had Harry and Kris (who are our schools drama stars) come up to me and call me a dark horse, and that they weren't expecting me to be that good. It was the best feeling that I outshone someone's expectations of me. Also, I had Coral, who never speaks to me, tell me that I inspired her to take up drama, and she cried though my monologue performance. Hearing these comments made me feel so much better, as when I came off stage I thought I was going to cry because I believed I could have done so much better than that. So to receive that many complements, I truly felt my heart melting within my chest. I ended up getting a high A in my performance, I couldn't have been more proud, (I would just like to point out you can't get an A* in AS, so woop top grade).
Before I go, I just want to say a huge thank you to my best friend Caris for letting me appear on her blog today, and I really appreciate all the support you have given me over the last few weeks.