A Must Make Dessert | Delicious Fruit Crumble
Another recipe for you to try is my Delicious Fruit Crumble recipe. This recipe is perfect to make for big meals and serves as many people as it can. It is especially good to serve in the colder months because this is a warm dessert and can be served with Custard, Double or Whipped cream. However you can serev this dessert whenever you want. It's your choice. I made this recipe in school and I have modified it to serve my own liking.
Just follow these steps and you will have the perfect dessert; the Delicious Fruit Crumble. This recipe can be modified to contain different ingredients such as the fruits included in it, if that suits you better or is all you currently have to add to the crumble.
Delicious Fruit Crumble
Ingredients and Equipment:
- 450g of fruit-Cooking Apples & Sultanas/ Cooking Apples/ Cooking Apples & Pears/ Rhubarb/ Mixed Berries (i.e. Strawberries, Blackberries, Blueberries) etc. (you can opt for many varieties of fruits as you like)
- 175g Plain Flour
- 75g Margarine/ Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- Large Oven-Proof Cooking dish- Glass/ China (must be oven-proof)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Chopping board
- Pre-heat oven to 190 Degrees Celsius or gas mark 5.
- To make the crumble, place Margarine/Butter into mixing bowl and add the flour. Rub the flour and margarine/butter between fingertips until the ingredients come together to resemble breadcrumbs (small lumps). If these lumps are very large, shake the bowl back and fourth on the surface to bring all the heavy lumps to the surface and crumble them until they are small. Add half the sugar and stir gently with wooden spoon so as to not break up the lumps. Be sure sugar is mixed in and not gathered on the surface to ensure all the mixture is correctly flavoured.
- Wash fruit (if needed) and peel Fruit and slice. If the Fruit is large slice into small squares about a thumbs width wide. If the Fruit is unevenly cut, the fruit will not cook evenly leaving some pieces raw and other extremely soft.
- Once fruit is chopped, place evenly into baking dish being sure that all Fruit is even and not clustered. Take the remaining Sugar and sprinkle over the Fruit.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit in the dish until all fruit is covered. Place into oven for 35-40 minutes until the crumble looked golden brown. Be sure not to over cook the crumble as the sugar inside the crumble mixture will caramelise and burn, which is especially hard to correct as the sugar is melted and mixed into the crumble. Using oven gloves, remove cooked crumble and serve.
- If you would like to add custard make up the custard whilst the crumble is cooking.
- Once crumble is served you can add the topping and enjoy your Delicious Fruit Crumble.
A simple, detailed recipe for you to use. Fruit crumble is a perfect family or group dessert due to its large serving numbers and how filling it can be. If you would like to go for a healthier alternative for a topping that's is sugar free, why not try a good quality brand of Natural Yogurt added on top.
Enjoy the recipe for now :) More recipes will be on the way and if there are any requests for recipes, that can be solved easily :) You can check out my other recipes on the main page like my previously posted Rock Buns recipe- A Must Know Recipe You'll Love: Rock Buns .
Thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoyed this recipe and found it useful!
x Chatty Blonde x