Saturday 7 November 2015

My Little Pick-Me-Ups | For When I'm Feeling Blue

My Little Pick-Me-Ups | For When I'm Feeling Blue  

My Motivational Board x Photgraph taken by me
Caris on my Xperia E
Hello. Today I am posting this to share a little bit about me when I'm feeling off or when it's one of those days. Do you ever do things to distract from the stresses of everyday life? Maybe a hobby, maybe something simple? Here's what I do and it's being shared for any of you who feel like saying "why do I have to have a day like this". Hope it helps x
  1. 1. Junk food night: Now yes I know I have mentioned that I suffer from stomach intolerances when eating too much junk food; but I am speaking about eating them in moderate amounts. There's something rewarding when you bit into your favourite food and hear the satisfying crunch of that delicious Jaffa cake... *come back Caris leave the land of the Jaffa Cakes* Just delishafying! -a bit of a made up word there for you ;) 
  2. Watching your favourite programme or movie: At times, it's stressful juggling everything in my daily routine and I just need a break. Everyone needs a break now and then by doing something you love, especially as I watch a series of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as I'm a crime series addict or Downton Abbey because I love period drama and history. These breaks help you get back on track and are good for your mental health in terms of your stress levels. So go ahead, find a moment when you can spare a little time and give your brain a rest from work, school, college or life in general.
  3. Listening to your favourite music: When I'm feeling down and blue, I put my earphones in and turn on my music. Songs that have great beats to them and a variety of different instruments seem to sound so nice, cheering me up and that helps my mood. Some of my favourites are Ink, Yellow and Magic by Coldplay and Cool by Alesso ft Roy English. They just have that effect that makes you want to strut to the beat and sing out loud when walking to work...ok, that's just me.. but anyway you get what I mean :)
  4. Motivational stones. 
  5. Find something motivational: We all need something to give us a boost in life. So find something motivational in your life to help when times get tough. I have motivational stones of mine which help motivate me and my motivational board in my room which is a canvas of all the inspirational, motivating quotes you can think of (see the main image above). 
  6.  Go on a walk or cycle to somewhere interesting or special to you: Now I know summer is long gone, alas, but that doesn't mean you can't venture around a town, city or a field on a walk to cheer yourself up. I personally go to my favourite  place, Princess Towers with my dogs which you can read here - My Trip to The Princess Towers | Day Out . Time alone can help you think over things that trouble you and keep you calm especially when with the company of a dog, especially if your blessed with a med Spaniel like me (Skye) but even a cycle can help too. Give it a try and admire the carpet of golden leaves covering the ground this season before they're all gone. 
There you go, just a few little things I do to help when I'm feeling down, hope this was helpful,
Yours truly,
 xChatty Blondex

No comments:

Post a Comment